Friday, March 12, 2010

More Genealogy on TV!!

Ahhh... a genealogist's dream. MORE genealogy programming! In addition to the American version of "Who Do you Think You Are" and PBS's "Faces of America", I came across a television show produced by the original genealogy exports - the Mormons.

Specifically, Brigham Young University is producing a show featuring everyday citizens and their quests to learn more about their ancestors. It's titled "The Generations Project".

If you don't get BYU TV - and I imagine most of us don't - you can watch the most recent episode online on their website here.

I am halfway through the most recent episode and really like it. I feel like it goes more in-depth on a single individual or branch of the tree than the other two programs. I also appreciate hearing about the history of "ordinary" people's families. It's a different take than the celebrity route. Though of course I think that everyone's family history is really equally interesting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I find your post very informative. Thank you for making this topic intriguing and enjoyable to read for everyone. I would certainly try and refer this to my peers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! Much appreciated. I took a break from blogging for awhile but I'm back!

      Delete